To provide operational and outreach support to the organization by:
- Managing ongoing internal communications which include: telephone calls and routing of information to appropriate person/group; collecting, opening and distributing mail.
- Preparing the accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll including the reviewing of invoices, printing checks, maintaining of financial files, and recording of deposits.
- Providing clerical assistance to Board, Project Teams, other committees, and staff including (a) preparing and assembling monthly board packets
- Contributing to and facilitating the collection, preparation, and proofreading of articles for the print and digital newsletters. Updating the website and managing social media presence.
- Preparing monthly activity reports for board meetings.
- Maintaining current rosters of all volunteers and a current monthly calendar of all meetings. Sending out meeting invitations.
- Managing ongoing office systems of ordering supplies, copying, and maintaining the office equipment.
- Basic office duties include answering phones, responding to emails, filing, etc.
- Any other job-related duties as assigned by the Executive Director
Strong organizational skills including:
- Ability to work independently/interdependently with SENA staff and volunteers
- Ability to prioritize tasks and accomplish goals in a timely manner
- Ability to work with diverse populations
Strong written and verbal skills
Ability to problem-solve and disseminate information
General bookkeeping skills; accounts payable and receivable
Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office software and Google.
Understanding of or interest in using Twitter, Facebook and other social media platforms
Understanding of or experience with nonprofit organizations helpful
Standish Ericsson resident would be optimal, South Minneapolis resident preferred
Flexible schedule 15-20 hours per week, some evening and weekend hours for meetings and community events, especially the second Monday of every month for our regularly scheduled board meetings.
Salary Range: $18-20 per hour based on experience
This position is supervised by the SENA Executive Director.